Background

Background

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Once Upon A Time.....


I recently read two of Janette Rallison's books, "My Fair Godmother" and, "My UnFair Godmother."  They are two books that come with my highest recommendations, but that, is beside the point.  As I read them, I realized that they are the perfect model of my life.  I may not have an incompetent fairy godmother steering me into constant chaos, but to many, my life is a fairy tale.

Most of the residents in my "home" town, have lived there for generations.  Many of them have never been on a plane, but through most of of the year, I live in one of those faraway lands where castles dot the landscape or where dragons take to the streets.  I occasionally dine with real royalty, though I frequently cross paths with those who think are.    I make wishes, and sometimes those wishes are fulfilled beyond my wildest dreams!  And sometimes, things go so far off the path I'd planned to take, that I'm sure that my "unfair godmother" is not far away.

So, this is my life.  My Fairy Tale Life: The Winding Path.

No comments:

Post a Comment